well, for starters, if you’re reading this blog. You’re either a Tri Dork or my Mom.
In no particular order:
1) 90% of your laundry is workout gear (including the race shirts you wear to social gatherings. “I do Triathalons” “yeah, I know your tucked in race shirt kind of gave you away, dork”)
2) 75% of your dishwasher load is water bottles (the rest is made up of rice cookers, zucchini spaghetti maker thingees, blenders, etc)
3) You have a HUGE shelf (shelves) in your kitchen/pantry that has nothing on it but gels, gus, etc.
4) “Hey, you want to do a shot?” means, a Cliff Shot Block (unless it’s after a race and then it’s Fireball. Is that just me? and Liz?)
5) Bed time is earlier than most 4 year olds have to go to bed. The difference is that the 4 year old wants to stay up later.
6) Bed time is tough in the summer because you really would like to wait until the sun sets, but dammit, it’s 8:00 and you’re exhausted.
7) You’ve been seen more than once with a club soda and lime or an O’Douls at Happy Hour and you’re not an alcoholic. (after which you head right home to bed).
8) You wear a Garmin as an everyday watch (and were SUPER EXCITED to figure out how to make the time show up on the face).
9) You shower at least 2 times a day.
10) You can’t watch tv without foam rolling and/or stretching.
11) Your idea of a great massage involves pain rather than plinky plunky music and a gentle touch.
12) Your main social event is the monthly Tri Club Meeting.
13) You belong to a Tri Club
14) You greet people by asking “what’s your next race?” and everyone knows what you’re talking about (see number 12).
15) You’re in your 40’s (or 50’s), are comfortable enough financially yet you sharee a hotel room with 3 other adults when traveling for a race.
16) You sign up for race (races) just because you’ve already done the first one(s) in the series and you get an extra medal at the finish.
17) You sign up for a whole series just because there’s an extra medal. and an extra shirt! hello next Tri Club meeting!
18) You’d rather have a badass finisher medal than a diamond necklace. Heck some of these races cost as much.
19) Your travel plans revolve entirely around an out of town race. and if not, you find a race near where your vacation is.
20) Most of your recipes come from Triathlete and Runner’s World Magazines.
21) You start every other sentence with “my coach said…..”
22) Most people think of Hawaii and think of beaches and surf and waterfall, you think “KONA”
23) You know who Macca, Muppet, Crowie and Rinny are
24) You’ve been to the grocery store in compression socks and you’re not diabetic.
25) I can’t think of another one. It’s like 8:30! I have to go to bed!!!!
Please leave your own signs of a Tri Dork in the comments 🙂
You see a bumper sticker with numbers separated by a dot. You wonder what race distance it refers to only to be told it’s a radio station. 🙂 I’m a Tri Dork. Almost all of them fit!
HA! that’s a good one!
Found your blog after googling “my Tri kit looks awful on me” (mine really does!)
Add spending the *entire* 2nd Saturday of October watching IM Mona on your laptop, without guilt. And if you go out for the evening you make sure you get back on the laptop again to watch BOP and Agers coming in.
Thanks for commenting Lulu! and totally dorking out to IM is definitely a sign!!
I’ll add the distance sticker hall of fame on the back of your car.
lol! Yes! most of us are very dork like with the stickers 🙂 Thanks for reading!
Love the laundry item, might want to add that 3/4 of those clothes are hung up and never touch the dryer (not sure if I am the only one, but this stuffs expensive and the last thing I need is the dryer messing it up). On that note you have an extra rod in your bathtub just for hanging sport clothing.
Great list, love it.
LOL. Yup that’s so true. This stuff is expensive! And then there’s the swim gear spread out all over the bathroom.
Thanks for reading 🙂
Reblogged this on the5krunner and commented:
eesh. I wore workout gear to a social or two over the last weekend for the first time. The guise was that it was ‘breathable’ and of course the weather was very hot.
lol. we’ve all been there! I’m guilty of almost all of them 🙂 Thanks for reading!
Don’t know what 1/2 of that is, keep up the good work!! Very proud of you